Sunday, December 9, 2007

Data for sale

Imagine that somebody is collecting and tracking my time, action, career in other words all data of my life.
It will be very unpleasure imagin to me.

As some news said, ''As the adage goes, 'Information is power, and power is money,' " notes a confidential Partners' document outlining the ''data commercialization project.", at any time we assess everything whether it create economic results or not.

It depends on the way of colleticg data from person whether Data for sale is ethical or not.
When a company or broker requests some data of some people to them, if they agreed the request, it isn't illegal. Of course, they couldn't understand the usage of their data. So it needs very careful process.

3 comments:

kdpark said...

Whether my information will be used for sale or not is not the key issue. The most important one is that I agree, I can be informed when other request and use my information.
I think this is reliability issue for safety and privacy.
With the advancement of keading technologies, security problems for safer and more reliable information exchange or trade will be solved if we can reach some agreement on global level. I think it is not problem of one country, but of global issue to be solved in cooperation with the help of special institute, community or group.

Jihak Chang said...

Recently I found a secret database claiming to hold personal information on hundreds of shareholders of Russian companies is up for grabs on the Internet for $12,000......wow ! it's real and so serious!!

Ki-dong, Kim(marco) said...

I agreed 100% "this is reliability issue for safety and privacy" and one's agreement is important,too.