Wednesday, October 24, 2007

IT Doesn't Matter - I don't think so.

I'm read Nicholas Carr's article. It draw me interest with some viewpoint.
He asserted that IT gradually have change to commodity something like railways or electric power. So he has an opinion IT doesn't matter any more. Why? Carr based on the commoditization of IT and building IT infra cheaply than before. He has written therefore IT now don't provide competitive advantage.

At that moment I remember 'M' of MIS. Why 'M' ?
I have seen some IT company during my work circumstances. With my experiances I think that the important things are Process and People dealing with IT/IS. Really important thing is building something using those technology by management.
So I agreed professor's teaching in class that competitive advantage derives not from the technology, but on how businesss use the technology.

But, I think that Carr provided us attention at different aspect. How our company's IT contribute to competitive advanteges and differenciation to other company. Yes? or No?

No comments: